Monday 25 March 2013

Just call me Fanny Cradock

(Without the alcoholism and husband battery)
 
I was the picture of domesticity today! 
I always get excited after a big shop, The prospect of making something fresh and lovely.
  we popped into Macknades In town, it's a lovely farm shop it sells all sorts of rustic and local produce.
 I love a seasonal veg! and a big bunch of fragrant herbs. Also all their fruit is fresh and lovely.
I treated myself to a couple of bottles of root beer (its an American drink, tastes like mouthwash I love it!)
After hopping a few website for recipe ideas, when we got home I decided in the spirit of Mrs Cradock  I'd take a look on the BBC website.
  I found carrot and coriander soup good old BBC.










  
This was delicious! Om Nom Nom


I decided to make bread as well I can't give you the bread recipe I just make it by instinct. I can however give you tips, always use warm water and a good slug of olive oil
 (high quality) a teaspoon of sugar helps form a thicker crust, and you know its cooked when you can lift it up and tap the bottom to hear a hollow sound. Have a hunt and see what works for you .








No comments:

Post a Comment